Community support is essential in trying times. Whether these are difficult times in our lives or in our community, supporting one another is vital to cope with the challenges faced.
With current social distancing measures likely to last a while longer, it can be a challenging time for many to adjust and continue to feel emotionally supported by family and friends.
We have put together some suggestions and videos that could help you and your family maintain your emotional resilience and good mental health, to cope with stress and anxiety. There are also contacts of organisations you can access online or by telephone if you feel you need to talk to someone.
And remember, if you child attends Bluesky Nursery, you can also send us a message on the EyLog for a call back. We are continuing to provide support and advice for all parents and we are available to contact parents, every day of the week.
Here are some suggestions to help promote good mental health and mindfulness.
- If possible, provide a help to those who are vulnerable or in isolation.
- Staying connected with family and friends via skype, Whatsapp, Face Time and many other platforms.
- Spend the time connecting with your loved ones. You may use this time to improve your existing relationships
- Manage your stress levels by exercising, meditating and keep to a daily routine which you can follow
- Build and follow a routine (new normal)
- Avoid information overload. Set yourself a certain amount of time to engage with news or updates
- Take up on new a hobby
Here are useful activities which you can do at home with children to promote good mental health:
Here are some links which you may find useful about parenting and mental health: